We are excited to announce that FCH plans to move forward with a much needed expansion and remodel plan. The FCH Board of Trustees recently approved the plan that has been in the planning phase for the past 2.5 years. The need for expansion stems from growth – growth in the number of services offered as well as number of employees. The expansion and remodel will hit a number of vital needs:
- Clinic Expansion – all three clinics will expand, offering more exam rooms and offices for providers and support staff (Fillmore County Medical Clinic, Touchstone Orthopaedics, and the FCH Specialty Clinic)
- New Pharmacy – the original pharmacy footprint will not support regulatory changes as well as the growth that has taken place at FCH
- Pre and Post-Op Surgery – a new dedicated space will be created for the care of surgical patients both before and after surgical procedures
- COVID-19 and Infection Prevention – with modifications to the HVAC system, three more negative pressure rooms will be created on the medical floor (bringing the total to four) as well as one exam room in the Medical Clinic
- New Conference Center – a new meeting room space will be constructed so that FCH can adequately support and host meetings, events, and educational opportunities for staff
- New Office Space – to support growing non-clinical departments such as Medical Records, Billing, and Case Management
- New Boiler – small addition off maintenance to support the new additional square footage.
- Key remodeled areas: radiology consult rooms, post-anesthesia care unit (PACU), surgery waiting area, nursing management offices, sleep room, and Board Room in Administration
Further details on these plans are provided in the attached FAQ as well as the recent article published in the Nebraska Signal. Both are linked here for your information.
A groundbreaking will take place later this Fall and more details on timeline and phasing will be provided as they are available.
FCH is very grateful to our patients and staff to be able to be in position to make these vital changes. We feel these changes will serve our patients and staff well into the next generation and look forward to sharing the progress of this project in the coming months.
Nebraska Signal’s Article referenced above: FAQs for FCH’s Expansion and Renovation Plan – The Nebraska SignalFAQ-for-Master-Plan-Forum-August-2021