CURRENT OPENINGS AT FILLMORE COUNTY HOSPITAL
Applications submitted online will be available to Human Resources and the hiring manager to review. Depending on the volume of applications, you can expect to hear from us within two-five business days.
The next step after submitting an application is an interview. All candidates are interviewed in a group setting which includes the department manager and an HR representative. Others may be present depending on the department size and position.
Following an interview, you can expect a phone call from our office to let you know when a decision has been made.
We always do our best to keep the process moving quickly, but unfortunately, there are times that delays occur. If you have any questions in between any of the steps please feel free to reach out to Abby Stewart or Amaly Friesen for clarification.
We are so happy you are interested in employment with Fillmore County Hospital! We look forward to having you on our team!
Fillmore County Hospital values its staff and encourages employee well-being in a number of ways, because when our staff are taken care of, they’re better able to care for our patients. To provide added support and encouragement year round, all employees enjoy access to additional wellness services including: free flu shots, quarterly wellness events, wellness Lunch N Learns, discounted gym memberships, monthly employee massage days, access to an in-house registered dietitian as well as a certified personal trainer.
Ultimately, we want employees to take ownership of their personal health. To encourage this, in 2012 we adopted the Metabolic Syndrome screening and tied the outcomes to our wellness incentive. Individuals learn more about their health status by completing the screening, which includes a blood draw, waist circumference measurement, and blood pressure check. Over 94% of our full-time/part-time staff completes the Metabolic Syndrome screening, annually.
Community Outreach: FCH works directly with Fillmore Central Schools to provide wellness consulting services to staff and students. Jenni Hoarty, FCH Wellness Coordinator, leads a wellness committee made up of administrators, teaching & support staff from each building, as well as parents. This committee has worked hard to address and execute changes necessary in order to comply with the District School Wellness Policy.
Other Community Wellness Services Provided:
- Provide annual Metabolic Syndrome screening for Fillmore Central Schools
- Hosted a health fair for Fillmore Central staff
- Host an annual Step It Up Challenge for local organizations – 2019 marked the 8th year of the challenge with 20 outside organizations participating
Fillmore County Hospital is proud to provide interested students the opportunity to learn about healthcare careers first hand. High school students in their senior year and college students are welcome to apply for a career exploration experience.
High school students must submit the job shadow request form before the desired shadowing date and participate in HIPAA Training, prior to observing in any clinical area. Students must also meet the Fillmore County Hospital dress code standard and be compliant with current immunizations. Students can select from most clinical areas and a typical observation experience is usually two to four hours.
Clinical areas that participate in career exploration include:
- Cardiopulmonary (Respiratory Therapy)
- Laboratory (Medical Technologist)
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Behavioral Health
If you have an interest in an area that is not mentioned above, do not hesitate to contact us. Please be advised, job shadowing in surgery or with physicians is reserved special circumstances.
Requests should be coordinated by the interested student in collaboration with their school and other hospital departments and should precede the experience by a minimum of two weeks.
- A written request for the experience is required, which includes personal objectives and/or course objectives (if applicable), instructor’s comments, school year of the applicant, and reason for the experience.
- Requests for career shadowing experiences should precede experience by at least two weeks.
- Scheduling will be coordinated through human resources.
- Extent of career shadowing experience for high school students shall be up to a half day. Arrangements for additional time may be made depending on the availability and interest of the student and staff.
Students involved in the experience will:
- Be expected to dress appropriately for a hospital setting (“dressy” casual, no jeans or tennis shoes, closed toe shoes are required). Students dressed inappropriately will be sent home.
- Be identified with a name tag (provided by human resources).
- Indicate understanding and willingness to follow confidentiality policy.
- Provide documentation of current immunizations.
- Respect patient’s rights for modesty and privacy.
- Students will be expected at the hospital at the established time. If delayed or rescheduling is necessary, the student is expected to notify the human resources 402-759-8200, prior to the start of the experience.
Fillmore County Hospital also provides other educational opportunities for high school students throughout the school year. Contact your high school guidance counselor for other Health Career educational opportunities.
For more information OR TO REQUEST A PAPER APPLICATION, contact:
It is Fillmore County Hospital’s policy that we will not accept applications until there is an official job opening. Please keep in mind if you submit an application when there is not a current opening available, the application will not be kept on file. Please return regularly to check for openings.