The Fillmore County Hospital Occupational Therapy program specializes in in ensuring that our patients receive full rehabilitation in every aspect of their lives. Every individual’s life is made up of occupations—meaningful, everyday activities. These occupations may include roles such as: being an employee, a parent, a spouse, a caretaker, a grandparent, a student, or a child that needs to interact with his/her environment. The Occupational Therapists at Fillmore County Hospital help individuals from every stage of life participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. The Fillmore County Hospital Occupational Therapists strive to offer the most up-to-date services that are backed with clinical research to ensure that our patients will maximize his/her rehabilitation potential.
Our Occupational Therapists provide the following services to meet the needs of our patients improving functional performance and quality of life allowing our patients to live life to their fullest potential.
- Pediatric through Geriatric patients are served at FCH. Age appropriate assessments, interventions and equipment are utilized when working with the range of ages that are serviced.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient services
- Certified in the LSVT BIG program to increase the quality of movement and function for individuals with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Certified in Lymphedema management, our therapists use a combination of manual lymph drainage, compression, and exercise to treat lymphedema in all areas of the body.
- Pediatric services for children through young adults facing social, emotional and physical effects of illness and injury allowing them to participate fully with their environment
- Upper extremity injuries requiring ROM and strengthening
- Splint fabrication and fitting for upper extremities
- Patient and family/caregiver education
- Visual perceptual skills assessment and training
- Home safety evaluations
- Adaptive equipment assessments and recommendations
- Wheelchair evaluations
- Cognitive skills training
- Exercise programs designed to improve range of motion, strength, coordination, and endurance
- Aquatic therapy for strengthening, body awareness, and increased functional mobility
- Pelvic Health Therapy – Learn More